Windows Vista Build 5381 Ultimate

downloading this now, will install later tonight. :)

Running ok on my laptop.

Don't know if I like what they have done to the non-glass sidebar, tried to make it glassy, kinda prefer it the old way.

SearchIndexer.exe sitll crashes, so disabled the service. Killed the UAP too for now as it still drives me nuts :p

NetRyder said:
5365 was the first truly usable build, in my opinion.

Useable? The search indexer crashed every minute on both my test machines :lick:

However, true in all other respects it was a lot better - more things just seemed to work.

the.quixotic said:
Useable? The search indexer crashed every minute on both my test machines :lick:

However, true in all other respects it was a lot better - more things just seemed to work.
it works if you set your location to US, and i assume thats fixed in this build :)

Electronic Punk said:
Running ok on my laptop.

Don't know if I like what they have done to the non-glass sidebar, tried to make it glassy, kinda prefer it the old way.

SearchIndexer.exe sitll crashes, so disabled the service. Killed the UAP too for now as it still drives me nuts :p

I've used Vista builds lightly to this point, but will killing UAP be possible in the final releases? Not really sure if you are doing some sort of hack to do it, or simply turning it off. If it's that easy to do, kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Killin UAP is done in the group policey editor, so can only be done by an admin anyway. WHO SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE ASKED TO DO ANYTHING UPTO 3 TIMES

Yeah, UAC certainly needs to get less annoying. :D
Does the screen still blank out when the elevation prompts come up in 5381? That was driving me insane.
the.quixotic said:

It was (and is) a locale issue. Those of us using EN-US didn't have any issues with the search indexer. :)

Gentleman, what is the link and the name of the build, checked kcnychief link, could find anything that matched it, this would be the first time I have thought about doing something like this.

You have to be a microsoft beta tester. Navigate to http://connect.microsoft.com - login with your .NET Passport, and then click on My Participation on the left.

If you are not a member of the program, unfortunately you will not have access.

kcnychief said:
You have to be a microsoft beta tester. Navigate to http://connect.microsoft.com - login with your .NET Passport, and then click on My Participation on the left.

If you are not a member of the program, unfortunately you will not have access.
Kcnychief, I have tested beta programs in the past, and I'm a menber in NET Passport. I just didn't see the the build there, was it under another name.

Simply put, go to http://connect.microsoft.com and click on My Participation. After you login, it will display the programs you are in, reference screenshot. If you don't have that listing, you aren't a part of the program. From what I understand, once a beta tester, not always a beta tester. You could still have access, but need access to the particular programs.

Attachments

• screen.JPG
    screen.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 82
I'm hoping there will some changes made before the public release of beta 2. I'm going to wait and not mess with this build. It still sounds pretty buggy.

How do you get to be a beta tester?

You can still install 64-bit version without burn onto the dual layer dvd.

Can not use Winrar to extract the image file b/c it only gives you a text file.

Use Nero ImageDrive or similar program to mount the image (*.iso) file. Then you can copy all the files to a folder. Run the setup.exe in XP 64-bit or Vista 64-bit environment. It's better to install on another partition or another hdd.

The installation of 32-bit and 64-bit version is faster now. Now, it also shows the percentage of completion of each stage.

I never got my beta-tester thing even though everyone else and their dog got it :(

I'm not special enough.

waaaaaaaaa.... this vista thing is killin me... lol

i am triying to download the vista build 5381.1 starting today for 7 days onward and now theres a new beta that will be reased on may 23 ?.... what a tester i am....lol

One of these days i will actually visit MS connect again.

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back