Windows Vista Build 5342 Ultimate (EDW / March Refresh)

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Vista_5342_64bit_Main_Staged_DVD_EN.iso, 3,654.5 MB

CRC Value:
CRC : AutoCRC is 0x02E14FAF

Vista_5342_32bit_Main_Staged_DVD_EN.iso, 2,858.6 MB

CRC Value:
CRC : AutoCRC is 0xB2B12A44

Please note that you will need to download new keys for this release.

Re: Windows Vista Build 5342 Ultimate (March Refresh)

Downloading already... :)

From the beta NGs:
If you have 64 bit capable hardware we ask that you install the 64 bit
edition for this build. If you wish to run the 32 bit edition we ask that
you at least install 64 bit initially and provide any feedback you have
before going back to 32 bit. Also, please follow up in the.Beta Program
newsgroup with your comments about 64 vs 32 bit.

Noted, but I am grabbing the 32bit version first might grab 64bit tomorrow I guess.

I am grabbing the 64 bit version right now. What is the fastest you are achieving off of Connect? I hover around 200kb/s and that just doesnt cut it for me when I am capable of 900kb/s to 1.1mb/s. :(

I seem to be getting between 200 and 350 KB/s on the x64 build at the moment from the U.S. mirror.

190 - 200 still. I guess i can wait 5 hours...

You can't be surprised that connect is having speed issues when a new build comes out. Some of the other builds you couldn't even get on the site, let alone download, for the first 6-8 hours at least.

kcnychief said:
You can't be surprised that connect is having speed issues when a new build comes out. Some of the other builds you couldn't even get on the site, let alone download, for the first 6-8 hours at least.
Well last night I downloaded 5308 (wellllll after release of anything) and I still only download at 200kb. As if I am capped at 200....

GEN3RIC said:
What makes x64 bigger than the 32bit release?
The "64-bitness" itself is one factor. 64-bit binaries are almost always larger than their 32-bit counterparts.
Apart from that, I'm guessing there's also a difference in the number of drivers included in the 32 and 64 bit ISOs.

65k/sec here. Will have it in 10hrs.

I'm downloading a few other items as well otherwise I'd probably hit 100 or over.

They released a new version literally right after I downloaded 5308 again. SATA problems still exist, hopefully this may have a fix. I really want to try Vista.

Hey,

I'm downloading now at 1.3MBps. :)

Damn, I have to disconnect raid once again. :(

Darn install goes crazy since it can not find the drivers if I do not.

Though after installing I just reconnect and Vista finds the raid controller so I just install the old xp drivers and everything works fine. :)

Perhaps with beta 2 it will be fixed.

Well, g2g to sleep now.

cya,

Will

Finished downloading the x64 bits a while ago. Then I realized that I'm going home for spring break tonight and won't have access to my desktop for a week. *slaps forehead*

Looks like I might just be installing the 32-bit version on my laptop yet again...

Woo Hoo!

Other downloads are done! Vista is hitting 150-200k/sec :D bout 1.5 -2 hrs away.

You guys are all bastards.

Hope to have my computer ready to use tomorrow, perhaps I will start downloading then :D

can i just install the new one over the old one? or do i need to format

Also, whats a good AV for vista?

Last edited:
Posting from 64bit 5342. Searching for bugfixes!

I was not able to get a performance rating last night in 5308, and it still crashes in 5342 before it finishes! Submitting bug.....

Also, in the details about your computer upon first boot. If you haven't been rated yet, there is a hyperlinked pile of text where you click - but nothing happens. A bug? submitting that as well...

I'm page filing 720mb with no programs open. My 1GB of DDR400 just isn't enough these days ........

edit: did they add the "desktop" to the winkey+Tab feature? I dont remember it being there before, but now there is a screenshot of the desktop you can scroll through. Nice!

Khayman said:
can i just install the new one over the old one? or do i need to format

Also, whats a good AV for vista?
You can't upgrade from one build to another. It needs to be a clean install or an upgrade from an existing XP setup.

As for an AV...I remember using the free edition of Avast on the early builds (5112, 5219) and it worked well. A whole bunch of things have changed since then, so I'm not sure if it still does. On the last few builds I had installed, I didn't have any antivirus software installed. :D

Good job with the bug-hunting, GEN3RIC. :D

GEN3RIC said:
edit: did they add the "desktop" to the winkey+Tab feature? I dont remember it being there before, but now there is a screenshot of the desktop you can scroll through. Nice!
Yeah, that's new to this build. The desktop was one of the items in Flip (Alt+Tab) in the previous builds, but it's just been added to Flip3D (Win+Tab) in 5342. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back