Windows Vista Build 5259 (Nov TAP CTP)

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
Our original Vista 5231 discussion thread was lost in the database accident. I was able to salvage the cached version of the thread from MSN Search, and I've uploaded the cleaned up version for future reference.

Please note that certain images may be missing and internal links may be broken.
Fortunately, the content itself is intact.

Page 1
Page 2

This thread can be used as a continuation of the old one hereafter.

Last edited:
does it say if this version has the Restart Manager thing that's now shown on the front page?

The particular article stated this:

Microsoft will also release a CTP (Community Technology preview) before the December holidays, which will include a number of new features, he said, declining to give details on those. "But these changes will result in testers getting a feature-complete version of Vista earlier than for any other Windows product," he said last week.

Not letting the cat out of the bag if it will be there or not, hard to tell atm.

High res screenshots! Finally :D

Calendar looks nice, Photo Gallery was a pleasant surprise!

The Photo Gallery was a surprise? I'm guessing you didn't get a chance to see those pics I had posted from the PDC before we were asked to take them down? :D

NetRyder said:
The Photo Gallery was a surprise? I'm guessing you didn't get a chance to see those pics I had posted from the PDC before we were asked to take them down? :D

Nope...I saw it for the first time today. Hadn't even read anything about it.

Cool, I followed the PDC blog a lot actually, don't really remember much from the PDC blog except all the loot they gave you :p

Okay for some reason I went up to only page 2 when I looked at the screens before! It's because a bunch of the same ones where the guy is just changing the colors, so I thought it was the same screen over and over so it must be over.

The quicktabs in IE7 look nice, I came across an extension that did something similar yesterday. Looks like Firefox woke up the IE team...here's hoping they can get their act back together, they are making good progress so far :)

Read up a bit on Meeting Space. It seems to have some promise, minus the security threat it could pose.

I heard IE 7 beta 2 was pushed to January or February along with Windows Vista beta 2.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back