Windows users are confused - did Mojave help?

Xie

- geek -
I just found this funny clip and I can't help but laugh at how confused Windows users have become about Windows. I don't think Microsoft did themselves any good by further confusing customers telling them they were running *yet* another version of Windows instead of Vista.

KDE 4 or Windows 7?

:)

Hang on a minute. Wasn't Mojave used months ago to promote Vista and NOT Win 7?

Hang on a minute. Wasn't Mojave used months ago to promote Vista and NOT Win 7?
Yes but Win 7 looks alot like Vista (some calling it Vista SP2), and now folks can't tell the difference between Vista/Win 7 and KDE 4. Moral of the story is MS has messed with consumers so much and muddied the Windows name that they can't even tell when they are actually looking at Windows or not. Most of the folks in that video could be moved to KDE 4 and think they were on a cutting edge system by MS and be perfectly happy. :)

Well, it is like this - You can find any illiterate pc user who has no idea how to turn a pc on, let alone tell you their expert opinion on anything. That video just proved the point more.

Yes but Win 7 looks alot like Vista (some calling it Vista SP2), and now folks can't tell the difference between Vista/Win 7 and KDE 4. Moral of the story is MS has messed with consumers so much and muddied the Windows name that they can't even tell when they are actually looking at Windows or not. Most of the folks in that video could be moved to KDE 4 and think they were on a cutting edge system by MS and be perfectly happy. :)
Ha! Yeah right. I have used it and it looks nothing alike, however i could beleive your statement as the genral public are stupid when it comes to computers and are sheep.

However, i will have to say. KDE 4 is for the most part pretty clean. Did you notice the Linux Signature video scramble when trying to load up a picture? lol gotta love that. Unfortunately when you need to fix something in Linux, you have to be pretty affluent in the OS to fix it, and if you can be fooled into thinking it is Windows 7, you cannot fix the problem :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you notice the Linux Signature video scramble when trying to load up a picture? lol gotta love that. Unfortunately when you need to fix something in Linux, you have to be pretty affluent in the OS to fix it, and if you can be fooled into thinking it is Windows 7, you cannot fix the problem :)
Now just imagine how many would be fooled if hardware manufactures worked with Linux driver folks, or produced decent Linux drivers themselves. You'd have near the same compatibility as Windows if not more.

And you don't have to be affluent in Windows to fix issues? Get real. There is a reason Best Buy and other places can charge hundreds by the hour to have some 17 year old dropout of high school check it out using their "Geek Squad" service.

Most of the places don't even know what they are doing half of the time. There have been plenty of videos posted online whereby a TV program will go and turn in machines to various places with a simple to fix issues and be told that the motherboard is dead, that there is a virus and it needs to be re-installed (re-installation fees get expensive fast) and other crap.

No, the people that can be tricked into believing that KDE is Windows 7 will not know how to fix Windows when the time comes, and will be more susceptible to downloading random crap that takes over their machines in the first place.

And you don't have to be affluent in Windows to fix issues? Get real. There is a reason Best Buy and other places can charge hundreds by the hour to have some 17 year old dropout of high school check it out using their "Geek Squad" service.

Most of the places don't even know what they are doing half of the time. There have been plenty of videos posted online whereby a TV program will go and turn in machines to various places with a simple to fix issues and be told that the motherboard is dead, that there is a virus and it needs to be re-installed (re-installation fees get expensive fast) and other crap.

No, the people that can be tricked into believing that KDE is Windows 7 will not know how to fix Windows when the time comes, and will be more susceptible to downloading random crap that takes over their machines in the first place.

DING DING DING...

Winner...

I love it how none of them asked to navigate...

Hmm no Start button with a Windows Logo?

LMAO...

Mike A!

The more I watch that video the more I see just how computer illiterate some people are ...

Good one indeed :) Laughed quite a bit when I saw it the first time :)

Was funny for sure but Geek Sqaud hundreds by the hour? mmmmm nope

Was funny for sure but Geek Sqaud hundreds by the hour? mmmmm nope

I did not bother to look up real prices. The exaggeration was used in a comical tone to provide a more tongue in cheek response to the post that Linux requires users to be more affluent.

That being said, it is not that far off from official Geek Squad prices. See attached.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=8545979
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=8545988
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=8353952

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 136
And people pay through the nose and LIKE it.

I charged a friend $20 and a six pack for a 45 minute clean up and tune of a Dell.

Microsoft really shot themselves in the foot with that ad series...I mean it was entirely designed to try and prove that people just heard bad things about Vista and if they saw for themselves how it ran they would buy it...

I'd love to see them actually showing the user the first time they try to install a driver or game that in turn pops up about 7 different "UAC" boxes throughout the installation. Though the SP's have fixed a lot of those issues.

Microsoft never has been very good with marketing

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back