Windows Update

R

renakuajo

Anypne knows if there is a problem with windows update page??? been trying to access rthe site for few days and i keep getting this error about my security and private options. it says that i have them set in high but thats not true i have the settings to default(medium), i even set them in low to see if i can get access but i havent....i have zone alarm pro, and i though that maybe that was th e problem so i shutdown ZA, put my security and privacy settings in low and try to access but still cant get in, any ideas?????

:(

Same prob...kinda

"Access Denied

Network policy settings prevent you from using Windows Update to download and install updates on your computer.

If you believe you have received this message in error, please check with your system administrator"

Thats the shit I get from when I go to http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp?corporate=true
and it's pissing me off, I'm the admin! it's my computer! but it's doing this to me! :( why???? can anyone tell me that??? I don't have any of those setting set high, someone from support freaks.com once told me there was a prob if you upgraded from Me to XP which I did.
any ideas?

YEAH!!!!

in fact i reformat last monday and did all the updates that same day, and last time i acces winupdtae i think was last thursday. saturday decide to check if there was any new update,etc and pum i get that damn message

Contrary to marduk i didnt make an upgrade i did a clean install

You could try a work around that I use when I have problems with windows update, used the windows update link in the Help and Support section, that used to work till I figured out what was funky elsewhere, don't know why this works but it did

I used to have trouble accessing Windows Update when I had Windows 98, probably because of IE 5.5. I am now using Windows 2002 XP Professional Corporate 5.01.2600 and I have no problems with Windows Update. Here's what I suggest; Turn all security options to low or off and allow everything in Tools--> Internet Options--> Security from IE. That solved my problem. Only once did I ever get the message that I was unable to access Windows Update because it was restricted by the admin but I don't remember if I did anything to fix that.

i did try lowering all securities and still cant acess win update

Have you disabled any services or such, update depends on a few services and if they are disabled it will not run?

yes i have disable lot of services, which ones i need to run win update?

I am not sure, but i had this problem before...

Try to go to Internet options and UNcheck the Automatic detecting server or whatever (don't remember exactly) in the LAN setting.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back