windows update

dee dee

OSNN Junior Addict
Hi
Just went to windows update there were 7 high priority updates for my computer, (XP Home sp2)downloaded and installed
kB888303
KB890047
KB885250
KB891781
KB867282 IEx
KB888113
KB873333
After reboot i had errors, Norton email protection could not start, Wallwatcher error something already using port 162 not logging nought, nothing showing up in network adapters in task manager, just blank.
Just done system restore all back working, just wondered if any one had any problems here too.
Regards
Dee

cheers for the heads up, i wont rush to install these any time soon.

just installed the updates and had no problem, i have norton 2005

Hi
Just went back to windows update and installed kb867282 the IE update alone
and after reboot samething happened errors galore, removed via add & remove programs, went back to updates and installed the rest of the updates minus the (kb86782 IE )and no problems after reboot, so for some reason the IE update dont gell with my box.
Dee

Installed all updates with no problems, went pretty quick. Running Zone Alarm
and AVG 7 free edition.

vivid

Installed all updates this morning. Everything's smooth sailing. :)

Fully up to date on SP2 critical updates and no problems at all.

Make sure none of the updates turned on Windows Firewall without your permission. That would cause some network problems. Sounds like the download or install jsut got corrupted.

EDIT:
Bugginess in windows antispyware application. When cleaning out the leavings of spyware it does not replace the bad stuff it deleted with the good stuff. The article says this is in the antispyware beta only but we all know M$...

Knowledge base has instructions for manual repair.

You can reach it by searching on spyware in the help option under Start. Has instructions for SP1 and SP2.

Hi
Attempted to install kb 867282 IE update for the third time with the same failures after reboot, I run blackice for outbound protection and it alerts me after reboot that userinit.exe-shlwapi.dll have changed also explorer.exe-wininet.dll has changed and i allow them to run but to get the same errors as i said in first post,

Userinit.exe

(Microsoft) USERINIT is the program which Winlogon runs immediately after a user successfully logs onto a Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003 PC. USERINIT runs logon scripts, re-establishes network connections, and then starts Explorer.exe, the Windows user interface (the START button, etc..).
copied from: http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm
maybe somthing to do with this i dont know, any clues?
Regards
dee

My computer didn't even start after I downloaded and installed the critical updates! Finally got it back with system restore, but now don't know what to do about updates.

i did get one problem when i tried to runn a lil app, it said Entry point not found, "The Procedure [any] could not be located in the dll mfc71.dll, this app use to work before, and after i did the updates, it stopped working on both my computers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back