Windows Update

T

TTTiger20

Anybody having trouble with Windows Update in XP. When I scan for new updates I keep getting error message that the page can't be displayed.

Any ideas? THNX

Welcome to the forums TTTiger20.

See how you go with this>
Windows Update - Error

If you cannot update XP check your c:\windows\windows update.log. If you have this error: Error 0x800C0008 then go to Tools\internet options\languages. You must have one language selected. Boom windows update works again!

Or for LAN settings

Go to control panel, open up Internet Options\Connections. Click on the Lan Settings button at the bottom right of the window. Untick Automatically detect settings.

If nothing helps try again in a day or two. Sometimes the page might be down.

see your security level in IE options!set up everything to default and then TAAAAAKH BOOOM everything will back to normal lol

I tried all of this none works. I am Baffled never had a problem with it but now for 2 weeks

Use windows auto update feature....set it up so it does it by itself then after you have finished updating turn it back off if you cannot find another solution....

ps..mine had the same problem untill i installed sp1 !.

Look at my pic >>

Thnx for the suggestions nothing worked. Microsoft just replyed to me and said that there is a problem because they made changes to the update web site. They will help get it straightened out, a lot of people r having tis problem.

C Ya and THNX again

Hey TTTiger20: Do you have a firewall snd is it set to block your connection to windows update??

the correct question is :
Do you have a legal copy ? or the Devil's own ?
That seems to be the problem.

Luish my xp home edition has done it to me too so it is not a question whether his is a warez version....its either a xp bug or the microsoft update page bug.

Firewall

I use zone alarm, turned it off and tried but that did not work. that was the first thing i tried.

Thanks anyway!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back