Windows Update

gillmacca

Macca
Windows Update was fine a couple of days ago - use to access it through aol browser. Now I get this message through the aol browser:
Thank you for your interest in Windows Update

Windows Update is the online extension of Windows that helps you get the most out of your computer.

The latest version of Windows Update is only available on computers that are running Microsoft Windows 2000 or Windows XP.

If I try to access through internet explorer or msn explorer, it scans but stops at 75% and freezes the browser

Need help

Many thanks for your help

can you try downloading the items seperately using a download assisting program like GetRight 4.5D or something better and download it with that....even if the site doesn't allow resumes it might be more stable as DLing through explorer popups sux?

If I don't know what new updates there are, how can I download them seperately

Gillmacca

Hi,

Got the same error message 3 days ago. I am not using AOL. Let's hope someone can come up with an good idea.

Under MS's new anti-piracy policy, Windows Update access can be blocked to computers using the FCKGW illegal corporate key. If you are using the "Devils0wn" warez edition of XP with the FCKGW... you cannot access Windows Update under MS's new anti-warez precautions.

Sticking to XP-erience.org's anti-warez policy, we will not help you crack or bypass these anti-piracy measures. Go out and buy a copy of XP

JJB6486

I've got a retail FCKGW key and my updates work fine..just added two more today!

Not using the famous key! but as said before I got that funny message. Any ideas, registry....??

Just out of curiosity. What version is your c:\windows\system32\iuctl.dll and iuengine.dll.

Solved

It's working again! Had to re-install Norton Cleansweep and also installed all the new ATI stuff and funny enough, it's working again.

Originally posted by JJB6486
Under MS's new anti-piracy policy, Windows Update access can be blocked to computers using the FCKGW illegal corporate key. If you are using the "Devils0wn" warez edition of XP with the FCKGW... you cannot access Windows Update under MS's new anti-warez precautions.

Sticking to XP-erience.org's anti-warez policy, we will not help you crack or bypass these anti-piracy measures. Go out and buy a copy of XP

JJB6486

Too late ;) The article to change ur key was posted on the frontpage.

It actually disables ur WinXP if u try to update with the warez version

Originally posted by mbunny

Too late ;) The article to change ur key was posted on the frontpage.

It actually disables ur WinXP if u try to update with the warez version

Yep it happened to me. good thing i have a legal copy of home laying around

If someone can upgrade to SP1 fully, (please SAVE your old files because to update to SP1 RTM FINAL you will need to uninstall SP1 beta) then they get the right system32 files for the update engine.

HOWEVER while MS was playing with the update board they came up with a new "2nd certificate" dated around 5/23 as opposed to 3/21.

What is sent to the update board is your Product Key and WPA number.

I do ALOT of clean installing and have my WPA safely kept.

---Rich

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back