Windows Update Help...

S

skamaraju

Hi
I have XP Home on my Desktop and Laptop. I update them regularly manually through the Windows Update site. We have a slow dial-up connection.
My question is; In case I have to format my Hard disk and reinstall XP Home, is there a way I can save the installed updates so that I can copy them after new installation rather than going through the painful process of doing the whole thing again on my slow internet connection. I need same kind of help for my Norton Antivirus 2002 too. Thanking you.

yeah i would also like to know if anyone has a solution to this annoying problem

When you go to Windows Update, click on Windows Update Catalog under "See Also". From here you can choose what updates to download to whatevfer location you choose.

Problem with download basket in Windows update site (i.e., selecting downloads from the list and saving them to disk) is that if the internet gets disconnected during download, which is very common, we have to start all over again. This does not happen with "review and install updates" button. With this, it continues from where it started.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back