Windows Update ??? gone tits up i think

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
well it wont list any updates at the mo, same at work on a fresh install. is anyone else having this problem ?

Well windows update has stopped working for me :(. it scans in a split second and says im up to date.. this is not right, has anybody had this ( i seen posts way back about this) ???

I don't fancy reinstalling again.. only been 4 weeks...

GoNzO - okay it worked just fine for me (USA), it worked for A1ehouse (UK) - I think I remember you being on the continent - are there different sites for Windows Update???

Just a thought!

updates

It worked last night for me. but I also downloaded all the current update from the site under one of the options so i have them on a cd now. all 100+

Originally posted by damnyank
GoNzO - okay it worked just fine for me (USA), it worked for A1ehouse (UK) - I think I remember you being on the continent - are there different sites for Windows Update???

Just a thought!

Not as far as i know.. just seems strange that i installed xp for a customer at work and the damn thing didnt want to update either.

click on the link Welcome to Windows Update Catalog its on the left side of update web page and you can download them all

Any 1 know were to remove the updater from, i removed it from program files and removed the applet from internet options, and the bloody thing still thinks its there ???????

I mean download them and save them ( SO I don't have to keep downloading them when I reformat cos I will soon lose my cable connection.) I don't wanna install them.

Originally posted by dreamliner77
I mean download them and save them ( SO I don't have to keep downloading them when I reformat cos I will soon lose my cable connection.) I don't wanna install them.

If you select them all you can save them in any folder you like in one easy download. but it makes alot of subfolders with all the updates in them

Originally posted by dreamliner77
What if I already have most of them installedd?

You should be able to save them to your HD as I have all mine upto date and it let me

I'll play around with it, but right now I can't even connect to the update site

Try this, once you get to the windows update site, add an s to http so it is a secure site...https://

I had this same problem after a fresh install. Would scan system but would tell me know update for your system.

Good luck, hope it works.

no it didnt work :(
wonder if its anything to do with temp files :s
thanks anyway...

still confused.. G.

Still nothing, it just forgets to scan my PC and says i need nothing, all the instalation history is gone, microsoft knowledge base ??? dunno im stumped

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back