Windows Update Error

a1ehouse

Chamone M*tha Fu*ka
From http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp? corporate=true site: I get the following error

Windows Update Error

Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page.

Select from any of the following pages for information about Windows Update services, or send us your feedback.

Windows Update Home Page
About Windows Update
Support Information

Any one else have the same problem/know of any solution?

I've seen intermittent complaints about people getting various error messages from Windows Update or just simply unable to log on to the site. Often they say the problems just disappear on their own in a few days. If this just started, you might want to just give it a little time and see what happens.

I don't know that I've seen any particular reason or cure for this problem either, so I'm curious to see if anyone here has taken a specific action that worked.

Hmm when I right click my computer I don't have a tab for updates, and it's not in my services.msc

Can someone do me a favour and please post their full reg settings for automatic updates, under the following key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wuauserv]

I'll see if thats my problem.

Cheers

C'mon how many people are using XP at this moment, all I 'm after is the reg settings for wuauserv?

Thanks for your help Allan. I added the key values but to no avail. Oh well. Looks like a reinstall's on the cards nm!

or repair

or repair that way you dont loose all kinds of settings and intalled programs I find that repair gets a lot of little problems out of the way without the headaches of a reinstall ........ then again if you have most everything backed up a format will give it a clean start

OK found an (albeit longwinded) fix. As I use an unattended install and specify my progy files on another partition, windows update can't see the windowsupdate folder correctly for some bizzare reason (anyone know why please let me know!). What I did was made a drive image of my system as it is, then performed an attended installed(!) I tested windows update and it worked!!!! So I copied the windowsupdate folder to my bakup partition, and also the reg settings under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate

I then restored my original drive image and copied the newly saved folder to the windowsupdate folder, and regged my HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate and rebooted...

... It fekin' worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooooo made up I can't tell ya!!! heh heh heh

Gonna keep these on a floppy to make sure I can unattend all my installs from now on!!!!!

:p :D :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back