Windows Update Erratic

melon

MS-DOS 2.0
Political Access
Anyone else been having these problems lately?

I don't know if it is because M$ is having server problems, but it has crashed over half of the time today, and, after repeated tries, I *finally* got my updates. If XP weren't just as prone to corruption and slowness as the rest of the Windows versions, I wouldn't have had to reformat and reload Windows in the first place. :rolleyes:

Melon

Windows Update Problems Yes!

Yes I am having the same problem! Windows Update has been really bad the last few weeks for me.

Well, it is weird, considering that I downloaded them all the night before perfectly! I'm wondering if daytime traffic is the problem? Or if I have a corrupted ActiveX for Windows Update?

Melon

Hrm...don't know what changed, but it is working great for me now.

Melon

Posted by melon
If XP weren't just as prone to corruption and slowness as the rest of the Windows versions, I wouldn't have had to reformat and reload Windows in the first place. :rolleyes:
Melon

melon - sorry to hear you are having problems with Windows update - however I have to disagree with you on your comment about XP being prone to corruption and slowness. I have found that normally most of the problems are caused by the idiot pushing the buttons (me ):D

Some of us found we can make our life easier by using Windows catalog to download and save all the windows updates and have them available on a CD or a separate partition for reinstallation without having to use Windows Update (to download them again) after a reformat/reinstall!

Now I'll tell ya a secret - I have those downloads waiting on a cd -if I ever need them. I have gone since Feb 8, 2002 without a BSOD and of course no need to reformat/reinstall!

So XP is prone to corruption and slowness?? In my humble opinion, as long as I do not mess XP up - it works fine!;)

yep totally true mate xp is the best os for stability i got the same prob with windows update right now but im gonna give your method a go cuz i want to archive the updates (just In Case)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back