• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Windows Update Erratic

melon

MS-DOS 2.0
Political User
Anyone else been having these problems lately?

I don't know if it is because M$ is having server problems, but it has crashed over half of the time today, and, after repeated tries, I *finally* got my updates. If XP weren't just as prone to corruption and slowness as the rest of the Windows versions, I wouldn't have had to reformat and reload Windows in the first place. :rolleyes:

Melon

G

gate1975mlm

Windows Update Problems Yes!

Yes I am having the same problem! Windows Update has been really bad the last few weeks for me.

melon

MS-DOS 2.0
Political User
Well, it is weird, considering that I downloaded them all the night before perfectly! I'm wondering if daytime traffic is the problem? Or if I have a corrupted ActiveX for Windows Update?

Melon

damnyank

I WILL NOT FORGET 911
Posted by melon
If XP weren't just as prone to corruption and slowness as the rest of the Windows versions, I wouldn't have had to reformat and reload Windows in the first place. :rolleyes:
Melon
melon - sorry to hear you are having problems with Windows update - however I have to disagree with you on your comment about XP being prone to corruption and slowness. I have found that normally most of the problems are caused by the idiot pushing the buttons (me ):D

Some of us found we can make our life easier by using Windows catalog to download and save all the windows updates and have them available on a CD or a separate partition for reinstallation without having to use Windows Update (to download them again) after a reformat/reinstall!

Now I'll tell ya a secret - I have those downloads waiting on a cd -if I ever need them. I have gone since Feb 8, 2002 without a BSOD and of course no need to reformat/reinstall!

So XP is prone to corruption and slowness?? In my humble opinion, as long as I do not mess XP up - it works fine!;)

X

XP Abuser

yep totally true mate xp is the best os for stability i got the same prob with windows update right now but im gonna give your method a go cuz i want to archive the updates (just In Case)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix