windows update down?

Elroy Jetson

Little Dipper School
I just tried windows update, and got the following sceen. any ideas?

-----8<---snip------

Windows Update Error

Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page.

Select from any of the following pages for information about Windows Update services, or send us your feedback.

Windows Update Home Page
About Windows Update
Support Information

You can also get online support if you are having problems with Windows Update.

Send error number to Microsoft (0x800A138F)
Note This sends error information but does not create a support incident; you may or may not receive a response.

hmmm

I got a long overdue update yesterday...it was the first time in a while I was on afast connection
I'll try now

nope, no problemo from here

try turning off your firewall, and definately dissable any pop up stoppers

hmmm, still the same here. maybe to do with oz? i'll try again tomorrow and will report. have never had any problems!

EJ

Just visited the updates site and no problems here

Originally posted by Elroy Jetson
have a look here. never seen this screen!

fist of all elroy, u r being punished by william gates for wasting so much space on your browser toolbar

go here

look for my post on getting your toolbar up to one line...i have a screenshot there for you 2 look at

when you have a proper toolbar, microsoft will give you more respect

Hey dealer why is that thread closed?

me likes tweaks threads :)

Originally posted by dealer
fist of all elroy, u r being punished by william gates for wasting so much space on your browser toolbar

hey, hey, easy there! I use IE only for windowsupdate, nothing else! Therefore, I keep no bookmarks in IE at all (except for AVG for some reason).

I am a converted Firbird user (since the early phoenix days), and I need IE for the windows updates (or can you tell me how to get it to run in firbird?).

So don't start flaming me for my brower appearance, otherwise I will not post any more AVG updates for you! ;) ;) ;)

Cheers, EJ.

ok, u got me there.

there is no other way 2 get live updates as of yet...but there is a mega download someone posted somewhere on this site.

c if u can find that with a search

Originally posted by Alan
Hey dealer why is that thread closed?

me likes tweaks threads :)

hi allan...great 2 c u as always

I don't want that 2 get 2 hard 2 navigate like the origianl did.

if u ahve any tweaks u would like 2 c on the thread, pm them 2 me and I will add it with your name as a credit.

that goes for any 1 that gives me something 2 add 2 that thread

Well I've gotten the same error message/screen for the last 3 days on a Windows 2000 system but any of the XP systems I try it works great. Up to now I had never seen that screen either but I saw it about an hour ago local time here in Az

Nice! Glad you got it sorted.
Thanks for posting the solution too...should be useful for future reference. :)

Originally posted by Elroy Jetson
OK, there is an unknown ploblem over at microsoft. the problem seems to be especially with people behind a proxy server (like myself). I have found a workaround, though. Try using a secure connection (it works here)

https://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp

Good luck! EJ ;)

Well glad that it worked for you I however am still getting the same error

the problem seems to have been rectified over at M$, now. have a look at http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/ . if the problem persists, try the following:

1. make sure you use the right language settings in your internet options

2. make sure your system time and date are correct.

3. delete all files in $WINDIR\Windows Update with the exception of iuhist.xml in the V4-subdirectory. also delete the browser cache.

4. if non of the above work, you might need to delete the Active-X controls. run this on the command line "REGSVR32 IUCTL.DLL /U" and the delete the files IUCTL.DLL and IUENGINE.DLL in c:\windows\system32\ and c:\windows\system32\dllcache\

any anywhere else you can find them on your system. Reboot, and it should work.

<advice taken from www.heise.de>

Cheers, EJ ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back