Windows Update catalog -Can anyone help???

damnyank

I WILL NOT FORGET 911
I went to the Windows Update Catalog, selected the update I wanted to download and downloaded it to my desktop.

I now have a short cut for "iuhist_catalolg" (which is a text document) and a Folder called "Software". After working through four or five "opens" - I come to a "Read More" text file which tells me what the update is and a "Win32 self extractor for the Update".

I Open it (the extractor), it flashes the hourglass and then nothing more happens.

Is something more supposed to happen?
If so what?
How can I tell if in fact that update has been installed?

I was really expecting to see something showing it extracting, installing or some additional kind of action!

Please try to make me smarter in this area!!

Thanx!

one of us is a little confused.

well the way i see it you have "windows update" and some weird stuff caled "windows catalog".
i think that "windows catalog" is a link or something like that to the microsoft site shop, where you can buy microsoft products.
anyway maybe you have updated the "windos catalog" or something like that.

when you run windows update you'r supposed to get a list of updates, and when you select one it is soposed to download and install it otomaticly.

The URL your looking for to D/L and save your updates is attached . Some updates are so fast that u do not see them installing which i think may be the cause of this.If you go to the Link attached you can D/L all the MS updates and save them on to a disc so if you have to reformat it saves you downloading them again.
Follow this link and D/L all the updates.

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp?corporate=true

broucher - I am with you m8 - that's where I downloaded it from.

The reason I asked if there was any way to verify it had been installed is because I just noticed in my "regular windows update installation history" that a Critical update (Q312369 - Nov 2001) had failed and it does apply to my system!

That was my next move after getting this one straightened out and feeling comfortable using the procedure - I am going to download and save to cd all the updates I will need when a reformat is called for!

I just wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing using the downloads this way!

So I guess the bottom line still is - does anyone know how I can verify the update was sucessful??

Thanx!

bump - so can anyone tell me if there is a way to verify if the update was successful when installing an update downloaded from the catalog???

Surely someone has reformatted and reinstalled Windows updates in the past!

Thanx

I noticed that a few of the fixes I clicked on to install didn't show any other screen but I noticed that they did install because I went to windows update and it did not show that I needed to download that fix.

Hope this helps
Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back