Windows Update Beta Live and improved!

L

Lee

Dear Microsoft Update beta tester,

The MU beta is live! You should log into Beta Place (beta.microsoft.com), complete the EULA survey if it is presented, and follow the links to the Microsoft Update Beta Welcome page. Key information about the beta will be available through additional links on the Welcome page, and in the MU newsgroups on betanews.microsoft.com.

Scenarios that you can use as testing guides will be available as downloads on the Test Scenarios page accessed from the Welcome page. Review the Read Me and Known Issues pages before you proceed to the Microsoft Update Beta site.

The updatev5.general newsgroup is now Read-Only; the update.general newsgroup is now Read-Write. Before posting into any MU beta newsgroup, review the Good Practices guidelines in the update.announcements newsgroup.

Support will be provided during this beta, in English only, based mainly on your newsgroup postings and bug reports. Post issues and concerns in the update.general newsgroup. Use the Beta Place Bug form for reporting bugs.

Success for this beta will be measured by your feedback on scenarios covering Windows, Outlook, SQL, Exchange, Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA), Automatic Update, and the MU site itself. Document each scenario that you complete with at least one post to the microsoft_update.general newsgroup. I will use these posts to track scenario execution progress.

This beta will be more complex than previous Windows Update betas that you may have participated in. Content across seven different areas will be presented. Given that there are over 25,000 beta testers, to keep this a manageable and productive experience for all, testers should exercise good judgment, civility, and professionalism in their newsgroup posts.

Read More

Screens:

Attachments

• update.jpg
    update.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 84
  • update1.jpg
    update1.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 108
Re: Windows Update Live and improved!

They haven't updated the start menu on my machine.. lol.

Glad you noticed they have on mine, as I didn't want to stick a black arrorw on it to make it obvious!

(I know it's on front page, just was adding more info before anyone points it out)

Lee...... seems like you got quite a lot of other IE toolbars installed there. lol

ElementalDragon said:
Lee...... seems like you got quite a lot of other IE toolbars installed there. lol

Yep I luv I.E.

LOL... just looked at that toolbar....

"YOU'RE ON MICROSOFT.COM" :p

Hmm, was still using windowsupdate last night, wondered why I didn't notice anything different. Silly me :) I was a little obsessed with spyware, I ran adware and had over 350 items. I need a firewall ;D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back