Windows Transparent Artifacts...help

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
Sometimes when I'm running a lot of applications or playing movies, or I let a p2p application run overnight (shareaza) I seem to get this wierd problem where explorer/browser window borders become transparent and show off-color artifacts (missing sections of drop down menus, blacked out buttons, etc). Its as if the msstyle crashes. Hovering over the caption buttons will make them visible again, but this is still annoying. I'm suspecting a graphics memory leak of some sort. Another side effect is when launching a game I get a "Cant initilize graphics" message and need to close all browsers, apps and sometimes force quit explorer itself until it works. Any ideas? Codec related perhaps?

Well, this isn't really my topic of expertise..I guess I'll ask one more question, have you done a virus scan of your computer? Otherwise, I do not know....

Could be an issue with the graphics card drivers. Have you tried reinstalling the latest version of the Catalyst/Forceware drivers?

That may be it netryder. I think this issue may have cropped up when I installed nforce drivers... I have an nforce asus A78nx mobo. Recommend a good graphics driver version package?

I have a geforce4 ti 4600

It's been a while since I used an nVidia card. My notebook has a Radeon, so I haven't kept up with nVidia drivers recently. You might want to wait for suggestions from someone who is still in touch. :)

I'll be damned. put the latest whql forceware drivers on and that seemed to fix the problem. Duh. and here I thought the latest nforce drivers would be sufficient...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back