Windows Torment - Locked Out from my Files

Nick M

OSNN Veteran Addict
Long story short, about everything on my main machine went and toasted itself quite recently. Everything save my primary HDD, as it was out of the machine at the time. That made things a little easier, no computer is really bad, but my files are still there - I had everything on that HDD, and it was all intact. Gigabytes of scanned art and photographs, a large number of which are the only existing copy..at least for the photographs, there isn't a backup or duplicate anywhere else, as they are very recent and can't be redone or reshot.

Anyway, brought over the HDD to elsewhere, booted it as slave, and behold, my drive! Soon to be discovered is a wall that's killing me, and I really would appreciate if someone can help me out. On my rig, I had one administrator account, and a password. All my folders were protected and couldn't be opened from any other account, which was the guest account. I fear that's still so:

" E:\Documents and Settings\Nick is not accessible.

Access is denied. "

Now the sensible thing seems to do is connect it as primary drive, boot, log in, and dig my stuff out from there. However, there have been far too many hardware changes or whatnot, and it refuses to boot at alll, safe mode or not. It won't even get that far.

I'm devasted and out of ideas - what can I do? :confused:

Have my children!
omg.gif

Thank you so, so much, that's exactly what I need. That's getting printed right now, and my woes are over.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back