Windows takes me to Welcome Screen after so long of no activity

scsa20

Simonsoft Network
Hey all, after installing VS.NET, Windows XP started to like to take me to my welcome screen after a while of no activity and I forgot where the option is to turn it off, so can anyone help me out?

btw, I'm using XP Pro SP2 so you know which version of windows I'm using. Thank you.

VS .NET installs lots of files, and takes up quite a chunk of disk space. I'm sure defragmenting the drive will help speed things up a bit to a certain extent.

Right click your desktop, click "properties", then click on the "Screen Saver" tab at the top. Uncheck the box that says "On resume, password protect". That should be it.

@NetRyder -- nah, it's nothing about disk speed nor space, it's just that, Windows like to take me to my welcome screen if my computer is idel for a while.

@Unwonted -- I don't have a screen saver on so it wouldn't be that >_>

any other suggestion?

Oh wow...I'm sorry. Was watching TV while reading this thread. Completely misunderstood the question.
laugh.gif

What about on the screen saver section, if you click the power part, and click "Advanced" tab. Is "Prompt for password when computer resumes from standby" checked?

hmm, I think I fixed it by turning on the screen saver, unchecked the box (which became checked when I did), applyed, then turned off the screen saver again and it seemed to fixed it. Thanks for your help :)

oh, and NetRyder, that tends to happen ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back