Windows Sudden death

moming

OSNN Junior Addict
I am using Thinkpad T43 and the Windows system had a sudden death today for three times. I bought this thing three months ago and today is the first time the sudden death happened. I am wondering if this is the laptop problem or a Windows problem. Please give me advice on how to fix it. thank you! (I scan the system files and no error comes out.)

I encountered numerous problems since I bought the laptop. don't know why IBM is so unreliable.

what happened is the screen suddenly froze. everything is still on the screen (no blue screen), but the computer gives no reaction to any of my instruction and the only thing I can do is to press the power button.

a few hours ago, another problem happened. the computer gave me a blue screen and said something like dumping physical memory and restart automatically. When it started, the computer gives me below message:
Error report summary
Error type : Windows stop error (A message appears on a blue screen with error code information) Solution available? : No (see Next steps) What does this error mean? : Windows has encountered an error from which it cannot recover and needs to restart Cause : Unknown device driver Computer symptoms : A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: e.g. 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED) Additional steps for you to take : Important: Please continue to send error reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible
Information about this error
You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.
Next steps
We have analyzed your error report and at this time are unable to determine the exact cause of the error. However, Microsoft will continue to analyze this error report to try to determine the specific cause of the error. If we are able to find the cause and correct it, and you encounter the same problem, you will receive an updated response that includes instructions for resolving the problem.

Don't know if those two cases are related.

have you installed any new hardware recently?

Try taking out your memory if you have more than one chip and just use one of them for a few hours and the next and so on and so forth to see if it may be a memory issue.

Usually ThinkPads are pretty solid. Try calling them up and see what they say.

I encountered numerous problems, such as a sudden black screen, with the ThinkPad. I call them but seems their suggestions are not valid. I have a bad luch with IBM.

Last edited:
Do you notice it overheating at all? It could also be a CPU issue with it getting too hot.

Maybe it is. Cause I put it on my lap for the whole time when it got dead.
Thank you

yeah it may say laptop, but if the exhaust port is on the bottom, the lap part cant happen :)

Not a problem, please post back with the results.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back