windows startup jingle....

T

TuMbRaS

as we all know..windows plays a ".wav" file during boot up..if you havent disable it, that is. but what if you wanted to play an mp3 during startup??

my problem.. i have the great song that i would love to be started when windows boots up- but its an mp3..so i download an mp3-wav converter...convert it,and go into my sound properties and point the windows start up to this new "wav"file.. keep in mind..when i click on this song as a wav file..it works - no problem..sounds exactly like the mp3 version of it...only now its like 33 megs instead of 3.3 for the mp3..no big deal of course..

so my question is then...does the windows startup wav have to be a certain length?? ive played other wavs that were pretty long..but for some reason, when my pc boots up..it only plays about the first 30 seconds of the song...
or is there a way of just putting an mp3 file in it..instead of all the silly converting...

any thoughts or ideas...TYIA

~n:D

Windows only plays the first part of the file. it won't play and mp3 and the reason it only plays part of the song or file if it is longer then about a minute is that when it is playing that song it halts starting up other services and such so you would be adding minutes to your boot time :p

you could always put a shortcut to your mp3 in your startup folder

if this works, you would then turn off the strart up jingle

Originally posted by TwoZigzagColt45
you could always put a shortcut to your mp3 in your startup folder
....thumbs up;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back