Windows Startup Folder - Items loading twice???

P

pocketmon

I've always had these random xp startup folder issues. Currently in my Startup folder are my AntiVirus, Bulletproof FTP Server, Coolmon and Trillian. Here's what happens.

AntiVirus - Loads fine
Bulletproof FTP Server - Loads twice
Coolmon - Doesnt load unless I click on it
Trillian - Loads twice

So does anyone know why some items would load twice and some not at all?

as for the loading twice...they are probably loading in the registry from when they were installed, remove them from the startup folder and only one instance should load, you can run msconfig to double check and see if they are already listed to load

Check your startup folders under C:\Docs&Sets\Default , \All Users and \%username% (Whatever your username is) and see if it's listed in the startup folder of more than one of those.
/Lactic

Nope. Just one instance of it in the %username% and all users folder. And yes, i have tried dumping it completely from startup folders to ensure there isnt a registry start in there but there isnt. Its a weird problem that effects 2 of my xp systems. I guess its only me if nobody else has heard about this...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back