Windows SP1 question

Punkychan

OSNN Addict
Win dows SP1 question

With the many pros and cons about installing SP 1 onto our PC, I really want to know exactly, is it really worth or good installing it or not ? I haven't installed mine yet but visiting the forums someones says it slows down the system, someone said it has trouble when installing and some said it makes the pc works faster and better ..what do you say ? Should I install ??

Of course you should install it and any other service pack that M$ releases. They fix up security problems which have been getting serious attention lately. The first thing to do to have a good Windows experience is to keep it up to date.

Thread Moved to OS

I agree with j79zlr. Make sure you install SP1 and are up-to-date with other critical updates posted on the Windows Update site.
The recent MSBlast outbreak reached such a large scale only because end-users were negligent, and hadn't installed a security patch that Microsoft posted several weeks before the worm was created.

Service Packs are simply large cumulative updates and security patches for Windows. Always run the latest service pack.

JJB

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back