Windows Shutsdown Out of Nowhere Generates Error

DJ-phYre

To whom it may concern
Windows Shutdown Out of Nowhere Generates Error

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini032504-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\DJ-phYre\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER3.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

that is what the error brought back to me.... I did a search on google and found nothing. One site you have to sign up for and pay to get the answer to the problem. I think I just need to do critical updates because I just re-installed XP, but I would like to pinpoint this because I am dial-up and don't want to download ALL the updates right now.

Can anyone help me out on this one?

I found a fix for it, but it is for users w/o SP1... seems like SP1 should have fixed this

can you write down more information from the blue screen? what you have provided isn't very revealing...there should be an error code like 0x0000000 or something...

and a word in ALL_CAPS_POSSIBLY_WITH_UNDERSCORES nearby.

cpugeniusmv said:
can you write down more information from the blue screen? what you have provided isn't very revealing...there should be an error code like 0x0000000 or something...

and a word in ALL_CAPS_POSSIBLY_WITH_UNDERSCORES nearby.
I will have to wait until the error happens again, but I think I fixed it. On M$ site they said you could do it manually by going the the virtual memory and changing some settings on the page file...

But if the error persists I will get all the information and post it

The error finally happened again:

Error Sig:
BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : F6DAC000 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : BF867E67
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 256_1

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini040504-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\DJ-phYre\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER3.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

---

MS brought me to the OCA (Online Crash Analysis) with this URL:

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/Response.asp?SID=289

.... how could the CD Recording Software cause my computer to reboot all the time, when I don't even use it?

try disabling the startup software for the recording software in MSCONFIG, if you dont need it it does not need to suck up resources. Alternatively you could try a program called Codestuff Starter (free), it also lets you view the running processes and file properties for them.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back