Windows setup Boot Disks

T

TheDcn

For me Microsoft has a way of keeping things hidden. It took me a couple of days to find this. It saved my hard drive and brought my system back to life.
Found it in the Microsoft Knowledge Base - Article Q310994
It's here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q310994 If this didn't work for you enter Q310994 in the search field.

My story.
I did a fubar and totally blew away my C; drive - one of three partitions- I my ignorant attempt to recover it I blew out my hard drive completly. Could not do a thing. System didn't even acknowled it's existance. A clone shop managed to get the bios to see the drive but it was out of sync.
A system disk would work. I didn't have a thing that would allow me to rebuild or anything. All I could do was stare at the "A:" drive with a old system disk.

Along came the knowledge base artcile. I did exactlt what it said. Had to reinstall everything but what the hey, I now have a clean 30 gig HD and we are operational.

Hope this helps

The Deacon

KB Article is not Available

That's what I get from the link. :confused:

Did the seach thing & got 11 articles to choose from. Which one is it?

the boot disc's ??

Yeah thats old news if your talking about the 6 floppies you make to load xp ?

I did that over a year ago!! its always handy to have floppies just in case your cd craps out or something............

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
KB Article is not Available

That's what I get from the link. :confused:

Did the seach thing & got 11 articles to choose from. Which one is it?

Ok, for some reason that URL is not taking us directly to the KB article. Soooo, Just type in 'Q310994" in the window where it says "Search the Knowlege Base. When that opens click on " Obtaining Windows XP Book Disks"

The Deacon

OK edited that post. The "." is history.

Thanks

The Deacon

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back