Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) 3.0 Released!

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
Overview
WSUS 3.0 delivers new features that enable administrators to more easily manage and deploy updates across the organization. This package installs both the WSUS 3.0 Server and WSUS 3.0 Administration Console components. You must install the server components on a computer running Windows Server 2003 SP1 and later. You may install the Administration Console on a remote computer running Windows XP SP2, Windows Server 2003 SP1, or Windows Vista.

Download and More Information
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...D7-A820-46A0-B4DB-ED6AA4A336D9&displaylang=en

This is a HUGE improvement over SUS 1.0 and WSUS 2.0. HUGE. I've tested the beta and RC and I can tell you they have made several improvements. Get it now.

Last edited:
yeah.. I like the new version a lot too from my early tests.

*sigh* I just finally got WSUS 2.0 working the way I want.. but I'll probably push this upgrade later this year..

edit:
Made it a news post on the front page..
Just like WSUS 2.0 was a HUGE improvement over SUS, so I think 3.0 is also a major upgrade over 2.0.. I suppose Microsoft's track record still stands.. always wait for version 3 :)

Last edited:
When are you guys planning on upgrading? I am also running WSUS 2.0 and it seems to operate pretty good for me. I just don't know how immediately necessary this upgrade is?

As I said in my previous post. WSUS 3.0 is a HUGE improvement. I have been using it since the initial beta in my test environment. I recommend upgrading.

I plan on upgrading in the next 3-6 months or so.. I haven't done as much testing with the betas and need to kick the tires a bit more.

edit:
There isn't a need for an "immediate upgrade" - it's not like they will stop supporting WSUS 2.0 anytime soon like they did with SUS recently.. but it is a good upgrade and the reason I hope to get it done in the next couple months..

Last edited:
That is true. All I'm saying is that WSUS 2.0 works well; WSUS 3.0 works better.

That is true. All I'm saying is that WSUS 2.0 works well; WSUS 3.0 works better.

agreed.. and everyone should plan for an upgrade sooner rather than later :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back