Windows Server Forum

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
How about a Windows Server Forum for users like NetRyder and myself? Sounds like a good idea to me.

Then do it up. We need a place to discuss it.

sounds like a good idea. I would like to read these posts rather than participate tho ;)

Or just post in the normal windows forum like everyboy else with any other Windows OS, or is there a massive surge in W/Server '03 posts I am missing?

Khayman said:
Or just post in the normal windows forum like everyboy else with any other Windows OS, or is there a massive surge in W/Server '03 posts I am missing?
Works for me. :)
What I'd really like to see is a beta forum for Longhorn once public preview builds are made available down the line. Beta 1 won't be, so it's not worth it at this stage though.

My 2 cents...unless we have a massive influx of 2003 server posts there's really no need--just more scrolling.

I'd love to see a beta.longhorn forum once released...I know I'm downloading it.

reminds me I have a copy of Windows 2003 Enterprise Server skulling around here somewhere. gotta love msdnaa eh :p

I think it'd be best to seperate desktop and server into seperate forums. If scroling 100 more pixels is too hard for you you need to get out more...

Geffy said:
reminds me I have a copy of Windows 2003 Enterprise Server skulling around here somewhere. gotta love msdnaa eh :p
Exactly. MSDNAA rocks. Also getting a MSDN Universal subscription in September as part of the MSA award. That's when the fun really begins. :D

It hurts my finger.

Besides, i don't think it should be needed. Otherwise i'd like a Mac OS X server section as well, as people use that, and i use it.

There are already way to many Windows forums. We don't need another.

Otherwise i'd suggest putting the Windows tips and tweaks and Internet Security together, and even add the networking section to it.

networking and internet security make more sense.

And The Windows Drivers section might as well be added to either Applications or General. 998 posts is not that much at all. Cleans up the clutter as well.

Just my two cents.

Bah, just leave everything as it is.

...unless you want to add a section for portable devices ;p

X-Istence said:
Besides, i don't think it should be needed. Otherwise i'd like a Mac OS X server section as well, as people use that, and i use it. [...]
And The Windows Drivers section might as well be added to either Applications or General. 998 posts is not that much at all. Cleans up the clutter as well.
The Windows Drivers section has more posts than the entire Macintosh one. :p

LordOfLA said:
I think it'd be best to seperate desktop and server into seperate forums. If scroling 100 more pixels is too hard for you you need to get out more...
Do a quick search for 'server' in that forum and see the last post was from April. If you think that justifies adding another forum, well...

Also I'm not sure what not wanting to have to scroll and my 'getting out' has to do with anything but apparently you do. So, just an fyi but I'm actually quite active. My last 'getting out' culminated yesterday in a day long hike on the North Fork of the American River. When was the last time you 'got out?' :rolleyes:

NetRyder said:

Your point is? Not having a Mac section at all would not be good, as it can;t be added to anything. It does not fit anywhere else.

Windows drivers for example does fit elsewhere.

NetRyder said:
thats cause windows drivers go wrong more than macs do :p

and yeah MSDNAA rocks, just wish you could get Office or even some Microsoft software for macs, like the VMware and so on and so forth

Forget I asked. I'll go else where for my Server stuff!

id read a 2003 server section all the time. Now what id love to see a is a button that showes you all p ost from the last 24 hours. The new posts just isnt enough. hehe

We have a Windows x64 Forum. Why? I bet you a Windows Server Forum would bring in more users. If Windows Server can go under Windows General then Windows x64 should, too.

If you want to expand your userbase then you should start looking for ways to bring more network savvy users in. Nothing here caters to those of us who work in networking and server environments.

There are so many new Server technologies out there that could use discussion. WSUS for instance is a great new product and you can't find much out there as far as information goes (except from MS).

But that's just me.

madmatt said:
We have a Windows x64 Forum. Why? I bet you a Windows Server Forum would bring in more users. If Windows Server can go under Windows General then Windows x64 should, too.

If you want to expand your userbase then you should start looking for ways to bring more network savvy users in. Nothing here caters to those of us who work in networking and server environments.

There are so many new Server technologies out there that could use discussion. WSUS for instance is a great new product and you can't find much out there as far as information goes (except from MS).

But that's just me.
I see your point. :)
For now, let's get started in the existing sections. If we notice lots of threads on such topics, we can always create a new section and mass-move them all. vB 3.5 makes it easy. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back