Windows Server Admin Tools for Vista in Beta

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Political Access
Finally!

It is pretty ridiculous that Microsoft would try to push Vista on corporate environments without any tools (other than RDP directly to a server) for corporate IT to manage their servers remotely directly from a Vista workstation.

There are workarounds to get the old admin pack working (often times involving manually registering the DLL's) but I still have never been able to properly manage my Exchange servers from Vista other than RDP'ing onto an XP box or directly to another server to run the management tools.

Early word is that the tools do work to mostly manage non-2008 servers (meaning it will most likely work with my old 2000 and 2003 domain services) but as I don't have Vista SP1 yet, I can't try it out.

*sigh*

This is something that of you have been waiting for a while now! Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) is essentially the WS08 version of the "Admin Pack". RSAT allows you to install many of the WS08 management tools on a Vista SP1 computer so you can remotely manage WS08 servers (full servers and server core). Some of the tools included in RSAT can also be used to manage WS03 servers as well.

Seriously! About time.

hey.. I don't suppose anyone grabbed a copy of the Beta that they could share with me. The original connect link doesn't seem to work anymore and I can't find the copy I pulled down..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back