Windows Server 2008 default background

Brien99

OSNN Newbie
I would like to use a picture stored on the local clients computers as a default desktop background. Right now by default the 2008 server is pushing down just a blue background I guess from a default group policy when a client logs in. I can't seem to find where in the policy this is being pushed from. It's got to be from a default policy because when I log in as an administrator the correct background appears. Please forgive me as I am a newbee with windows servers.

Go into group policy.

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Desktop\Desktop

Should be this one in the right pane: Desktop Wallpaper

This is going to be the client's background. The picture is on the clients machine so do I put the path to the picture on the clients drive? For exampe C:\Windows\DesktopBackground\test.jpg

So you are working on the client's background and the wallpaper is already on that system? Or are you still referring to group policies?

:)

Yes, I am trying to set the clients background. If I choose the background locally on the client it changes to blue the next time the client logs onto the domain. The server must have a default policy somewhere that is overriding this. I just can't find it.

Isn't that what American Zombie referred to in his post?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back