Windows Server 2003

N

Not Bman

Iv been seeing these desktops that look like windows xp and all and have everything. Then they have a window open thats says Windows Server 2003, plus other information about it. What is that about? Is that just a server or what? Is it better than just haveing Xp?
If so, where can I get it. Or, im assuming it cost some money.

Well you can see from the name that it is a server!
It is a very good server aswell. The fastest and stable operating system I have ever seen :cool: .

You shouldnt install it if it is for gameplay but if you just want to use it for fun, then why not? There are quite a few guides out there aswell in which you can tweak Win Server 2003 to flow fast but act like a normal desktop OS like XP.

If you want to buy it, it would cost you about $3000 :eek: :mad: , but you could always order the 180day trial from Microsoft! :D

Ok...now why would you want to pay a ton of money for a server OS, and convert it to XP "just for fun?" :rolleyes:

I have the trial CD lying around. Maybe I should try it out when I'm bored ;)

Originally posted by NetRyder
I have the trial CD lying around. Maybe I should try it out when I'm bored ;)

yeah... just for fun tho :p

I've tried it - its alright like, but I have other ways of having fun than to play with yet another microsoft NOS...

Post Removed

Please don't discuss things like that here - SPeedY_B

I have a site hosted on Win Server 2003, and I bloody hate it :p
(basically it's a pain in the ass and doesn't run any scripts right :) )

There's absolutely no point running it as an o/s though.

Originally posted by NetRyder
Leeeeenux == fun to play with :D

of course, that goes without saying :)
absolutely no need to have Windows Server 2003 on a normal machine though, even if you were running your internet through it (treating it like a true server)... I think you'd only get real usage out of it if it was being used in a company environment.

Free BEE ESS DEEE is more fun than leeeeeeeeeeeeeeenux :p :D

never tried it myself... although I think I will do soon... just to see how good it really is :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back