• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Windows Server 2003

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Iv been seeing these desktops that look like windows xp and all and have everything. Then they have a window open thats says Windows Server 2003, plus other information about it. What is that about? Is that just a server or what? Is it better than just haveing Xp?
If so, where can I get it. Or, im assuming it cost some money.

Z

ZAnwar

Well you can see from the name that it is a server!
It is a very good server aswell. The fastest and stable operating system I have ever seen :cool: .

You shouldnt install it if it is for gameplay but if you just want to use it for fun, then why not? There are quite a few guides out there aswell in which you can tweak Win Server 2003 to flow fast but act like a normal desktop OS like XP.

If you want to buy it, it would cost you about $3000 :eek: :mad: , but you could always order the 180day trial from Microsoft! :D

Originally posted by NetRyder
I have the trial CD lying around. Maybe I should try it out when I'm bored ;)
yeah... just for fun tho :p

I've tried it - its alright like, but I have other ways of having fun than to play with yet another microsoft NOS...

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
I have a site hosted on Win Server 2003, and I bloody hate it :p
(basically it's a pain in the ass and doesn't run any scripts right :) )

There's absolutely no point running it as an o/s though.

Originally posted by NetRyder
Leeeeenux == fun to play with :D
of course, that goes without saying :)
absolutely no need to have Windows Server 2003 on a normal machine though, even if you were running your internet through it (treating it like a true server)... I think you'd only get real usage out of it if it was being used in a company environment.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies