Windows Server 2003, EventID 2019, non-paged pool

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey guys,

I'm looking for some support trying to resolve this issue. We have a Windows 2003 Server that's our domain controller. We've had an issue twice where once every minute a critical error for EventID 2019 would appear. It would appear for a few hours, and then wind up bringing the server down. I've gone on EventID.net trying to figure out how to resolve this issue. One of the things that it's suggesting is to use perfmon and determine what is using the nonpaged pool.

The guide on using that though is cryptic to me, I'll be honest. It says to keep an eye on each application that is using the nonpaged pool... but how? Sure, I can bring up the nonpaged allocation counter on perfmon, but I have no idea of knowing what is using it. Can someone assist me in figuring this out and being able to fix this issue, before the server goes down again?

I wonder if this is the issue or not. See we're not running Windows 2000, we're running Windows Server 2003... and the Symantec Antivirus client we have is 10.0.1.1000. Any other ideas? How can I check to see though if it is the Symantec Antivirus that's causing it?

The Microsoft KB Article does say that the issue has been addressed in release 10.3.1.13 of the Symantec SymEvent driver

Yeah, so my questions then, just to try and rule this out:

1) How do I check the version of this driver?
2) How do I update this driver?
3) Where can I obtain the updated driver?

***EDIT***

Alright, I found out how to update it. I downloaded sevinst.exe, and ran the command on the server sevinst.exe savce (It's Symantec Antivirus after 9.0). So it's run, it's updated, and I found the driver and saw it's 12.0.1.3... I guess now I wait? Any other suggestions guys?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back