Windows reinstall . How often [ -?- ]

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
Quite an instable ideea ... but we may post our suggestion .
Mine lives more than 2 years ..

When I run into the NAV 2002 mycomp.sca file problem. Symantec wake up, you're loosing me as a customer...

Usually 6 months or so. Generally when i fill it up with crap and it gets really slow, or i do a major upgrade (mobo/CPU)

JJB

Quote: wrong place SnookBooger , wrong place

Wrong place for what? I answered the question with the reason behind a reformatt/reinstall.

This is the longest I have gone. Three months & counting. Damn xp. Now I am going to forget how to reinstall it. :mad:

Never unless something makes it necessary to do so. I'm a real believer in: If it ain't broke........

That's why I was always reinstalling win9x. Even looking at ME was enough to corrupt the registry. I've done things in xp which had it been 9x would have meant a format again, again & again. It's nice to actually get some computer time in without having to worry about stability.

Hipster - I have 4 systems running 98SE and all were set up about 3-4 years ago. Two are at my office and two at home. Never had to do a reinstall on any of them.

longest i have had my system up wit out reinstall 5 months, damn windows, why cant ms make it stable to leave it stay up longer, damn them, man linux does a better job, oh well.

Well I have yet to need to do a reinstall of Windows XP but I also don't remember how long I've had ii installed

unless testing on a test computer .... only once on each computer. if setup right theres never been any real problems..

I only format when i make a big change to my hardware. longest time windows has been up was a year. Formatted a week ago because i changed my hdd.

I usually screw it up after a few months, my current XP installation is the longest any Windows or Linux version has ever been on my PC

Hmmm... Just formated yesterday because system became unstabled

My windows is never more than a couple of weeks old. After a fresh install (fully tweaked) & installing all my favourite programs I go online once to get an AV. update then I make a drive image & save it to a partition. After doing this I start to make a list of all the changes I make no matter how small (tweaks, updates, new programs etc.). Then I reinstall the image, make the changes & back it up again. Now my image is bang up to date & less than 12 hours old.
;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back