Windows Registry

Alec,

Is there a problem with using this and the windows "help and support" center? I ran it and deleted all the entries it came up with and now i can't get my help to come up. May not be related but i haven't done anything else out of the ordinary and want to rule this out as i troubleshoot to get my help and support center back.

Thx for the reply. I'm not sure what it is but it seems to be the only thing affected. I'm planning a reinstall anyway. I've been hackin' this and tweakin' that, you know how it is :p . I'm sure your program is cool. I should've copied everything to the clipboard, popped it into notepad, and made a .reg file out of it, next time i will. Right now i just don't know what caused it and was trying to rule this out.

hmmm...yeah. It does delete something related to help and support, for my help and support also wouldn't load. Luckily, i had a restore point :D

Thx for the heads-up existenz. I didn't even think of that. I just restored and voila... it's baaaaccckkk :D

hehe, np, Lonman. I sometimes forgot simple solutions too :D

so, APK, nice try though! i really like your programs, but this one bombed my help and support :rolleyes:

I did run the analysis again. I could identify which ones were for the help center ok, but there were a lot more that i think really ought to stay that are targeted to. Got a question about the "copy to clipboard" function. Will it only copy one at a time, or is there a way to copy a whole slew at once... and is that all you need (the info the program copies out?)

Holy too damn many numbers batman. I'd be all day tracking each entry in regedit. I took screen shots of all the registry entries. The email is on it's way.

I'll just post some links here real quick. give me minute to upload them to my isp. They're in .jpg - 4 pics altogether.

Yeah, i have no problem testing it. I got system restore :D .

Just to do a legit test i'll delete everything it finds so do your homework -- i say that cuz that's why i get these kinds of programs, to do the work for me.

Got it. I'm going to make a restore point. Do a cleanie and reboot so give me about 5 - 10 minutes.

That's gonna cost ya a case of YES Coke, pepsi is for sissies and race car drivers. No offence :p

Silly question here, i'm not supposed to be deleting any of these right? Just want to be clear about that. Don't want to have to do a restore for nothing.

Oh yeah, do you want those pasted strings separated by a hard return? Or all bunched up?

Next time you run my program, use the MAIN menu, Copy Key Value submenu item...

Do you want me to run that now and do this for you, or are you working on another revision first?

Here you go:

Now i only put the one's in I think you asked for. Only the one's that had the squirely {} brackets. There's lot more like these:

HKEY_USERS: S-1-5-21-1644491937-1935655697-1060284298-500\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products\05FF28AE852EEFD438B9F8620AA1437A\SourceList\Net

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE: Software\HighPoint\HPT RAID Administrator

(just a couple examples). Do you want those too? Or are those part of the "safe to delete" crowd?

hehe, your registry cleaner, found registry files that Microsoft Regclean couldn't...:D

OOOOHHHH! It's my 100th POST!!! let's celebrate!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back