Windows Registry

I think this thread gets rope status at 100 doesn't it?? :p

got it.

Ok, a lot of the help stuff is still coming up under this hive:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\CLSID\{CC2C83A6-9BE4-11D0-98E7-00C04FC2CAF5}\InprocServer32]
"SystemDB"="C:\WINDOWS\System32\system.mdw"

Do i perform a full delete now? I'll wait until u say go.

Export stopped working. It worked until i exported like three of them. As soon as it got to the point of creating "APKbackup.reg" it started making blank files. I copied the original APK.reg file back to the windows directory, tried to do an export, and it created the backup.reg only, and both files (apk.reg and apkbackup.reg) were blank.

I'm going to trim a the junk out of my registry and do a restore so only the hive GUID's I posted here is showing. Let me know if it's ok to do a full delete.

I have 36 entries showing up all in this hive, two examples:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\TypeLib\{0D3DEBA1-DEBE-11D1-8B87-00C04FD7A924}\1.0\0\win32

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\TypeLib\{0D3DEBA1-DEBE-11D1-8B87-00C04FD7A924}\1.0\HELPDIR

Deleted the entries, no help and suport. Going to do a restore, be back in a few.

alright, got my 36 suspects back, got 'em all in a line up, no ones confessing to killing my help and support center. I'm thinking about breaking out the rubber hose and beating it out of em. They're starting to sweat now.

ok, working on it.

On it's way.

on it's way now. Yeah, this is the one :D

Just tried the export again. don't know why but it's not working at all, just spittin out blanks.

Might be the radiation from my monitor!?! I heard that causes sterility, lol. :p

Alright Alec, no problem. Hey, my pleasure to help. Don't work too late though, get your own rest.

Yes, I did not sleep, but am TOO hyped up now, I have this working! Did you use the right file?? You messed up on the ScreenSaver once by accident, did you do that here again too? Please tell me zipfile name you used, thanks!
Nope. 4.0++ - first and only copy as far as i know.

I'm running a scan right now. When it's done i'll compare those numbers and let you know what i see.

No, none of the ones you've listed are showing up. The ones showing up belong to these groups:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CC2C83A6-9BE4-11D0-98E7-00C04FC2CAF5}\InprocServer32<<< only one

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\ <<<< 35 in this group

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\CLSID\{CC2C83A6-9BE4-11D0-98E7-00C04FC2CAF5}\InprocServer32<<< only one

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\TypeLib\ <<<< 35 in this group

I also opened regedit and looked for a couple of the ones you listed. they are in my registry.

I've just tried to export at least a dozen times, giving at least a solid two seconds between attempts. Now, the only file in C:\windows is Apk.reg>>> it is now failing to create any other files. I've chosen random keys and each time I right click on the Apk.reg file and select "edit" from the pop-up menu, the ONLY value present is:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CC2C83A6-9BE4-11D0-98E7-00C04FC2CAF5}\InprocServer32]
"SystemDB"="C:\WINDOWS\System32\system.mdw"

It's like it gets stuck on the first one i copy.

I'm going to delete this copy i'm using now and get it fresh from the email again and run this test again. I'll report again what it does.

Search REGEDIT.exe NOT by GUIDS this time, but by the terms in words in my list above... humor me, do this & show me guids YOU have on that Help & Support App and Service stuff!
Missed this post. Yes, they are in my registry.

I just attempted export again, same results as my most recent i just outlined.

Okay, you want all 72?
Well, because I have my GUIDS protected...mine, as I run it, not yours it seems... since yours are diff. GUIDS you are telling me. On every one of those entries it was diff.?
Different from what the registry cleaner picks up yes. The ones you have posted don't show up in an analysis. They are all in my registry.

Now this is strange. I tried exporting, no joy. I got frustrated, highlighted the batch and just started punching the export button over and over. Guess what? I got a buttload of APK****Backup.reg files in my windows directory now. Here's the first and last one for you to look at:

http://home1.gte.net/lon40/desktop.rar

each file in succession just kept adding a key, but look at the key.

I'll go ahead and ship this in an email in case you can't pull it off of here.

Yeah, i was using the latest one you sent me (APKRegCleanFinal4xpSR2.zip).

I don't know why the export won't work for me, but it doesn't. Definantly an interesting file creation going on there though.

hehe, your registry cleaner, found registry files that Microsoft Regclean couldn't...

i want it !!!

LOL

is it all XP compatible now APK ?

can we download it ?

:rolleyes:

is it FREE ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back