Windows-Registry Recovery

C

Custer

Just got the following message on bootup. Running XP Home with SP1.

Windows - Registry Recovery

One of the files containing the system's Registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy. The recovery was successful.

Is this something new with SP1? I've had a lot of trouble with "STOP: c000218{Registry File Failure}" errors in the past and was wondering if MS might have actually fixed something.

hummm... first time I saw it was after applying SP1. So much for thinking that MS fixed something!

custer - did ya read this? Check out the last sentence of this paragraph.

RESOLUTION
NOTE: The hotfix that is described in this article automatically repairs the registry during startup, but does not display any notification of this process. If you import a damaged registry hive, you may receive a notification, and the recovery of the registry hive takes place as it imports.

Could this have possibly been the case? IE: ya had a "bad" registry hive before you installed SP1?

Or am I smoking dope or something stronger?? I admit I am not an expert in this field - just trying to help!

Oh... I must be the one smoking dope (actually 151 and Coke right now). That didn't register with me for some reason. Thanks!

I've got a similar problem, each time I restart I get a message saying

""One of the files containing the system's registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy""

I click ok and it goes away, but re-occurs every time I restart. I've just installed windows XP with SP2 over a copy of 98 which isn't ideal but as this is my work PC I've got no other choice. Anyone got any clues?

Thanks.

try running a chkdsk /f ans see if that does anything

Try a system restore

i've also read it might be a RAM issue

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back