WIndows Prefetch

A

andre9540

I recently follow a tip to remove unwanted program data for startup in C:/windows/prefetch. The article told me just to delete the entire contents of the folder. yet as of one week or so none of the startup data of the programs now returned and the startup time has increased.

andre, it's pretty much unnecessary to empty the prefetch folder. It is designed to refresh its entries over a period of time. I can't imaginne your startup time improving, as the prefetch cache improves startup performance.

Try running BootVis, or disable unnecessary services, and startup items in msconfig if you're looking to speed up your start time.:)

Had you used any other tweaks to disable or change the prefetch? as you use programs the data should come back..is layout.ini there at all

sometimes it takes windows up to 3 days before it does an optimization and recreated the layout and such.

Thanks

Well thanks for the info yet i got that tip from this site, well thanks anyway

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back