Windows Permission

yesterday my slave hard drive failed on me which basically killed all my data. Not that bad, as long as i could still get into windows. when i turned on the machine to try to get into windows from just the master (all jumper settings changed) windows would not boot. so i went into the recovery console in the XP disc and ran chkds /r to see if that would do anything, and make sure all the data is good. well that didn't make it boot so i decided to do a recovery install of XP. however the disc did not recognize that there was a previous XP OS installed. So i had to create a new partition and install windows there. That all leads me up to my question. i re-installed XP with the same user account/same passwords as was on the previous installment, simply setting it up the same way it had been before. Now i can view the other XP OS on the other partition with all the data intact. However i need the documents out of my personal account. Whenever i try to access C:\Documents and Settings\My Account i get an error saying access is denied. i tried to copy the folder and got the same error. i tried to make it a non-readonly file, and still got the error. How can i get around this and get to my documents? :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut