Windows/Msn Messenger

Dumb_Blonde

OSNN One Post Wonder
Hi everyone!

Not really sure if this is in the right threat, but not really sure where else to put it.

I have had an old company computer from my work due to them upgrading, however I have no system recovery disk so cant reset to factory settings, have previously had messenger on there in my work, however the IT guy removed it and put a block of some sort on there, the only instant messaging product I can use is the very old windows standard messenger. I keep getting an error message advising that there is is a software restriction when I try to install msn or windows live messenger??? Does anyone have any idea at all how I can get this removed without wiping all of the data for my work as I still need access to the products etc from home. I have also tried system restore to an earlier date but it doesn't go back far enough.

Any help would be much apprecieated.

First question, is this still a work computer? Are they contolling it, cause if so then you have to ask them to remove any software the prevents people from doing that. If they don't want that removed, then you can not.

I don't think it's software that is controlling it, I think there were software restrictions set through GPO.

Is the computer still on a domain, as in are you logging in using cached login? What does the login screen look like when your computer starts?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back