Windows/MSN Messenger and DirectX 9.0

JSylvia007

OSNN Junior Addict
Does anyone know whats going on with this whole MSN/Windows Messenger and DirectX 9.0 Crash??? Any info would Help

For anyone unaware of this problem... this is what happens. Windows XP with ALL UPDATES, except DX9. You go to run MSN Messenger, or it's 'counterpart' Windows Messenger, and everything works fine. YOU then install DX9 and MSN/windows messenger crashes as soon as it loads.

:huh: :huh: ANY IDEAS/ KNOWN PATCHES??:huh: :huh:

thanks, Jake

I know bout the problem, there has been no patch released to fix this problem.

I had the same problem ... went back to DX 8.1

MS says they will be releasing a fix ... we have to wait and watch :huh:

Glad I don't use Windows or MSN Messenger :p DX9 works great for me :) really made a difference in the overall performance of my comp, especially when it comes to intense gaming.

NetRyder, I know that you said that M$ is 'aware' and 'should be' releasing a fix. There isnt any chance that you have this article where M$ said anything about this issue. I have been searching their knowlegde base, and I havent been able to find a darn thing.

It's been posted in the Microsoft newsgroups ... not sure how far it's tru though. That's why I said, we have to wait and watch.

I'm just sticking to DX 8.1 for the moment, since I'm not going to gain anything by using DX 9 with a TNT2 :p

Originally posted by Jahya
Glad I don't use Windows or MSN Messenger :p DX9 works great for me :) really made a difference in the overall performance of my comp, especially when it comes to intense gaming.

Same here and there's not so much load on the CPU when playing as before... For me anyway.:)

Is this prob with all versions of MSN/Windoz Messenger???

I have MSN Messenger 5.0.0540 and DX9 and they are completely running fine. :huh:

Could be I am a lucky one for a change??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back