Windows Millennium & Pentium 4

N

Nedreplan

I am about to make a dual boot between Windows ME and Windows XP.

As I have a Pentium 4 I wonder how well it will be received in a Windows ME enviroment?
Does anyone have any good recommendations for a WinME/WinXP dual boot system?

I know that WinME goes in first and they both should be on seperate drives..but is there anything else that should be considered?

Thanks for your help:)

WinME should work well on a P4. Well as well as on any other PC that is. WinME sucks if you ask me. Any special reason for using it at all?

Reason...

Better stability than Win98, but worse than Win2k and WinXp..but better game support, especially with older games...

If some certain games that I like (and played for ages) were able to run in Windows XP well, that would be the best solution....but it isn't so.

As I never had any malfunctions with WinME before I will stick with it and use it until I have no use of an OS that has a Win9x kernel.

Nedreplan ... before installing ME, have you tried running the games in XP using 98/ME compatibility mode?

Yes, you might have had problems with WinME...but I did not.
So I will go for it..

I did not want to start a discussion here about which OS is the best.. that is very individual anyway...there are other threads for that..

If you read my question you see that all I wanted is some useful recommendations for dual boot between WinXP and WinME from members who has experience with it.

Thanks!....

NetRyder:
Yes I did...and I wish it would work....but in any possible way I tried it and it did not work, or graphics were corrupted if I somehow managed to get it started.
It was games like: "Backpacker 2" and "AFL 99" just mention two..

Gee...you only know and notice that you miss some certain games when you can not run them...hmm...

Thanks anyway for the suggestion NetRyder! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back