Windows Messenger

B

bmorrissey51

How do I get rid of the sign in names that appear in the sign in box, when I type the first letter of the sign in name? Sorry, hard to understand I know.

I accidentaly typed my password in with my username, so now my password is visible, and I don't like that for obvious reasons...so how do I get rid of that?

it's dead easy to do.
1) click start and goto control panel
2) select user acounts
3)select ur username
4) chose last option "change my .net passport"
5) change it!!!
6) all done
:cool:

let me know how u get on

THe problem with simply changing my password, is that that is my password for EVERYTHING else...stupid I know, but it is. Can I not just erase the recently used .net account names?

In the signin screen, can you highlight the offensive password ... perhaps by typing the first few characters and hit delete? sorry, i haven't done it for a while, but it's something like that .

No, hitting delete doesn't seem to work, as it just reappears next time.

okay .... try this ... go into control panel, user accounts ... double click on your account and under "related tasks" on the left ... choose manage network passwords ... you should be able to delete it there

and any changes you make there only affect what you have stored on your pc ... it doesn't change and net accounts.

YOU ARE THE MAN! This site is the greatest, because I always seem to get the answers that I need. I really appreciate it, now I don't have to change every password that I have to something different. THANKS!

hrmmmm my way should have worked as well:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back