• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Windows Messenger

B

bmorrissey51

How do I get rid of the sign in names that appear in the sign in box, when I type the first letter of the sign in name? Sorry, hard to understand I know.

I accidentaly typed my password in with my username, so now my password is visible, and I don't like that for obvious reasons...so how do I get rid of that?

Henyman

Secret Goat Fetish
Political User
it's dead easy to do.
1) click start and goto control panel
2) select user acounts
3)select ur username
4) chose last option "change my .net passport"
5) change it!!!
6) all done
:cool:

let me know how u get on

B

bmorrissey51

THe problem with simply changing my password, is that that is my password for EVERYTHING else...stupid I know, but it is. Can I not just erase the recently used .net account names?

B

Blue

In the signin screen, can you highlight the offensive password ... perhaps by typing the first few characters and hit delete? sorry, i haven't done it for a while, but it's something like that .

B

Blue

okay .... try this ... go into control panel, user accounts ... double click on your account and under "related tasks" on the left ... choose manage network passwords ... you should be able to delete it there

and any changes you make there only affect what you have stored on your pc ... it doesn't change and net accounts.

B

bmorrissey51

YOU ARE THE MAN! This site is the greatest, because I always seem to get the answers that I need. I really appreciate it, now I don't have to change every password that I have to something different. THANKS!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies