Windows Messenger File Transfer

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
How do you allow messenger to transfer files? Me & a friend are trying but it refuses to co-operate both ends.

Don't know. It's stuffed for now anyways. I turned off my firewall & my friend is gone. Whether it was that or he had to go I don't know. I'll have to try again another time.

Have to see what the go is when I reboot. :(

If either of you have routers, you will need to enable DMZ on them to allow packets to pass through.

las time i cant really transfer any files btw my fren and i...
but my fren can transfer with other ppl successfully...

after reformat... whenever services that i think will affect the messenger transfer... i did not disable it... now i can transfer files with my frens oredi... ;)
how bout the workstation or webclient services...?

Yeah I think that's it Bretenn. Some service that I turned off is needed for windows messenger. (I haven't used messenger in a long time) Next time he is online I'll try turning them back on one at a time till I get the right one.
Thanx all. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back