Windows Messenger 4.6- now with ads

B

beatlesdb

Hi all,

I up-graded to Windows Messenger 4.6 from 4.5 thinking it would me even cooler - WRONG! the damn thing has an advertising banner along the bottom!! What gives!

Does anyone know if this can be turned off??

Luckily I still had the Messenger 4.5 install.exe and ran that over the top - ahhhh back to no damn banner - that's why I finally gave ICQ up.

:) Wishing all the XP-Erience Team and Members a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :)

If you disable the addons you no longer get notification of new e-mails.

download a program called messenger plus. It runs in the background of windows at startup and removes adds and lets you do other cool stuff with MSN like having an auto-responder like in icq as well as many other options. Go here

1.41c did not disable the adverts because at the time it was written, there were no ads in the XP version, I imagine the XP verison will disable them!

There's a setting to disable adds in Xteq, But I'm not sure if it works...

Messanger Plus has that nice feature to make Messanger transparent...

messenger plus does take out the ads. I have msg plus! and Messenger 4.6

No ads!

I have Messenger Plus 1.41c and there is no option in it to block any ads that I could find

you can download version 1.40b of msgplushere

that one should have add blocking for sure

Thanks... Its pretty cool but its puttin' a hurtin' on my K6-2...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back