Windows Media Player

tibboh

Arte et Marte
The wifes new MP3 player demands that I have to do some serious ripping to fill it. The concept of filling a playlist and downloading to MP3 is pretty straightforward, but I noticed an annoying habit with some 'double' CD's that she has.

When inserting the 2nd Cd of a double album or box set, WMP will play/burn the tracks, but it almost always calls them the titles from the 1st of the CD's (if you see what I mean). I know I can edit and rename the tracks individually, but is there a 'refresh' on WMP 10 that will do this simple task (without having to go through the help page), as I'm sure others have come across it?

many thanks

Are you using WMP10?
It should update the track info if you click the "Find Album Info" button. In fact, it should update even if you just insert the new CD. I haven't ever tried this on 2-CD albums, but it should work the same way, since the database usually stores the two CDs as separate albums (ex: "XYZ - CD 1" and "XYZ - CD 2").

Yup Netryder, am using v10

In most cases it does not read the 2nd album (as far as titles go), but it does play or rip the correct track. Tried most buttons so far but i have had to change the track/artist titles after ripping.

Bit of a bummer

Could you give me an example of a 2-CD album that does this?
Just want to check something...

Now don't u laugh, but one of the double CD's was HAIRBRUSH DIVAS - an before u get any ideas, it IS for the missus (I'm more of a Led Zep kind of guy).

To be truthfull, nearly ALL the double CD'd does it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back