Windows Media Player 9 beta

• Thread starter NotBold_Fortune
  • Start date
N

NotBold_Fortune

I gotta tell ya. This thing is a bear to get completely off your system. When you finally succeed at uninstalling it, you have to search all over for all the files it leaves behind. I'm still having a problem finding the registry entries it left behind.

I'd really suggest backing up before you try it out. You may decide like me that you don't like it.

Thats what M$ tells you on there site.... The only way to uninstall the beta is with system restore. Thats why its called beta ;)

Well, then let's just say that that advice is for the dummies like me who don't read that MS advice.

Just offering what I thought could be helpful. No need to birate me for that.

I don't really use WMP, but this new version fixes some issues I have playing WMV under Zoom Player, so I am well happy with it!

NotBold_Fortune didn't want to birate you... Just saying my piece of info :)

What I was saying is, it looks pretty stable and there is no real need to uninstall it and readd the horrible bloated package that is WMP8

I agree with you, Electric Punk, it is a nice media Player. It just didn't fit my particular needs. Like these:

It wouldn't play certain video files for me, even though I re-installed the proper codecs. It wouldn't work with playlists as simply as does WMP8...and I couldn't figure out how to erase its memory of what I had played. That bugger is persistent.

I watch Bloomberg Television by going to their site. I will start their live feed with their Windows Media Player. Then I usually save it to my desktop so I can restart it when I like in my Windows Media Player. To do this I would right-click on their Windows Media Player, and place a shortcut on my desktop. Well, the right-click context stuff is different when you try to do that, and you can't place a shortcut with it.

Everybody's different. But we can still be friends.:D

this new beta version doesn't show you lyrics at all

nooo!! :( I downloaded the beta today, but didn't installed it yet, but that was the nicest new feature...

It is stable for me, no problems. Sound clarity is much sharper and clearer. Overall, I quite like it.

crap

I tried the new wmp9 from the update site

and it craps out and crashes ie when trying to view streaming vids, thank goodness I had the restore point to go back to, I just installed the official SP1 from microsofts premier site very smooth no problems for the sp1 but will wait for wmp9 unless someone knows something about why it crashes streaming vids that is

:mad:

Multichannel support enabling..?

How do you enable multichannel support through windows?

so you say that it isn't possible to uninstall it?

I had build 2824, and now i want the official beta. Innstalling over 2824 didn't work - it still shows 2824 in "about".

What should i do? except system restore?

I like it, but what makes me mad is that, say for instance you are in a MP# members area trying to listen to streaming music, it wont allow you to listen to it cause of the liscense

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back