Windows Media Player 9.00.00.2601

C

ComprTech

Windows update last night issued an update for version 9 of the media player, after install the media player gives the following error:

No such interface supported. ( Error code = 0x80004002 Condition = 115)

Anyone happen to have a fix? This has occured on two workstations I use already.. kinda quiet in the office without the audio streams!

try rolling back the drivers, but ms might have cought on to the fact that people had leaked versions and that might be a fonney driver to disable wmp9 i really couldnt tell you but try to roll back the drivers and see if that helps if not the do a sys. restore. :D

I get the same thing now and now i just want to go back to version 8.

:confused: you got an update to go to version 9 for wmp8, or did you have wmp9 and d/l the update, b/c if so it might just disable wmp completly

yeah if it is then you might have to reinstall or do a sys. restore prior to the wmp9 d/l. see what other people think first b/c i havent had such a prob. yet, mainly bc i dont d/l beta.

i downloaded WMP9 and then i saw that there was an update. I tried to do a restore but it still kept that version of WMP9.

sounds to me like you screwed sorry just backup what you want to keep and reinstall, or wait and see if someone else has come up with a solution but i cant think of one. sorry thx for warning the rest of the people though of not d/l the wmp9 update, sounds like its bogus.

i have installed every update from windows update but wmp9 aint there... did you got it from win update?

im running xp corp swedish

did you already d/l the beta version bc i think that is the only way it would be on there i personally dont know bc i never d/l it

I guess it was the beta. and then windows update showed a security fix for it. There is no way to uninstall version 9 is there? :mad:

Sorry bro. couldnt tell you i never installed it, gonna have to ask someone else......my guess is your gonna have to reformat unless you want to wait and just use winamp or something untill you are ready to reinstall....sorry to hear about that...maybe someone else knows of a program you can use to get ride of wmp9 w/out having to rienstall. better luck next time :D cya

uninstall wmp9

is everyone in these forums too stupid to think to try a repair install

ok, here is how you remove wmp9

go to:
c:\program files\windows media player
delete wmplayer.exe
boot from your windows xp cd
run a repair install

problem fixed!

oh wow we should should bow down the guy who thinks he's better than us. First of all leave if you're gonna call people stupid. If you know how to lend a hand do it, but do it without calling people stupid.

hmm intresting guess its a good thing i was on vacation or i would have a lot more to say.bc you are pretty bold to call EVERYONE stupid so you must be an IT or computer genius to come up with such a great solution thanks!! either that or your just some dick who likes to try and degrade people online bc you either have no life or is to much of a biotch and would probably get your ass kicked in the real world so it makes you feal good to talk chiot here. so why dont you do us a favor and grow the fu@# up and learn some manners.

What I did was delete the wmplayer.exe or move to somewhere else and rename it, just for fun. Reinstalled the version 9 withouth repairing. It works just fine for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back