Windows Media Player 10.00.00.3923

L

Lee

Windows Media Player description

Windows Media Player is the multimedia software developed by Microsoft to provide users with the ability to view multimedia content, both from the Internet and from their hard drive.

Windows Media Player 10 gives you more music and more choices, and for the first time makes it possible to sync high-quality music, video, and photos to the latest portable devices.

Overall, Windows Media Player 10 is a huge improvement over previous Windows Media Player versions, though it still falls short of the competition in a few key areas.

If you've bought into the Microsoft-oriented music world in any way, however--perhaps with a Media Center PC, Portable Media Center device, or by using a WMA-compatible online music service--you simply must upgrade to WMP 10.

This release offers major improvements for discovering and buying, and subscribing to content online, sports an improved UI, and integrates nicely with a coming generation of portable devices.

And if up-and-coming music subscription services, like that now offered by Napster, take off, the release of WMP 10 will be heralded as the watershed moment of what is clearly still a nascent market.

That said, users interested solely in music playback will likely find little reason to abandon iTunes. And iPod users will simply ignore WMP 10 as they have previous versions.

Windows Media Player 10 is free and requires Windows XP (any edition), but not any other Windows versions.

That decision will be controversial, but I think it's the right one: With over 300 million users, XP is clearly the preferred Windows client for consumers and music enthusiasts: Had Microsoft shipped a WMP 10 version for older Windows versions, that product would have lacked key features and held up the release of the XP version.

Source

Visit Home Page

Download <--edited, now a hot fix, rather than a complete package, so thanks to my cousin Ed at flex for letting me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, haven't seen Lee around in a while.

Guys, better open the package and examine the files before installing.

This is not any update as the files are all dated 1/28/2005 and the version is 10.00.00.3802 not what is mentioned in the title.

This is the version that has been on the MS site since 2/15/2005. I assume someone submitted this as news to the Softpedia site and nobody checked on it before posting.

I think this is the one that allowed hidef WMV with the nvidia purevideo decoders, never worked with x64 :(

After downloading from the link above and installing my system maintains the version 10.00.00.3802. So yeah, AZ is right.

And just for the record, not that AZ needs more backup, if you extract the files, and get the version from wmplayer.exe it is in fact the version I listed above. SoftPedia doesn't know what it is posting.

b.u.m.p.

Screenshot:

Ohh yes nice to see you too, just been ill for a bit and moved house and had other more pressing things to attend to, like my daughter starting secondary school and my fiance starting a new teaching post etc......

Thanks!

Attachments

• mediaplayer10xxxxx.png
    mediaplayer10xxxxx.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 56
I don't know what to say then. I downloaded the file from the Microsoft link above, installed it, and didn't have version you listed. Then, I extracted the files and still didn't have that version. Lastly, I checked Microsoft Downloads and saw that Microsoft hasn't refreshed it since Feb.

Odd.

Lee has updated the link in the first post and this is only a "fix". Supposed to be added in the next full release of Media Player.

Maybe thread title should be changed. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back