Windows Management Instrumentation

• Thread starter NotBold_Fortune
  • Start date
N

NotBold_Fortune

Can anyone give me a brief explanation of this? For the life of me I cannot understand the technical explanations I find when doing a Google search.

I've always taken it for granted that you need Windows Management Instrumentation enabled, and set to "automatic" in Services. Even blkviper recommends keeping it set to automatic (and he disables just about everything).

However, SiSoft Sandra suggested I shut it off as one of its tips peculiar to my system. So I did. So far I've experienced no ill effects.

So what gives with this service? Do you need it or not? Is there a comprehensible description for it for dummies like me? Does it have anything to to with the "wbem" folder in WINDOWS?

This is what it says in the Services panel:

"If this service is stopped, most Windows-based software will not function properly."

I'd be careful if I were you. :)

Hi Bold

If it works & you want to do it
Then do it

anybody else I'd tell them dont bother
one day you'll want to use some obscure function in XP
& it wont work

but knowing you Bold I think you thrive on things going wrong

LOL

As for SiSoftware Sandra
Dont believe everything you read

It gave me a Pagefile warning.... ME a warning :eek:

LOL

:p :p :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back