windows longhorn

S

sherpard

Dear pple, i would like to ask how do i uninstall a version of windows longhorn because i installed it over xp, but my xp files are still on my hdd , and its kinda messed up i cant really access them unless i go to c:/documents and settings/*my username name in xp*

and i think it messed up the whole thing because i wasnt like a fresh install and it still had some windows xp in it. does anyone know how to remove it because its causing me a lot of problems. pls help...

That sounded like a bad move. :) I don't think you can uninstall it short of reformating or removing the Windows folder (would still leave some gunk behind).

yep thats right. get ready to format and then make a dual boot or wait until longhorn is released :p

What I did:

Created an image of C: with DriveImage, and burned it to 3 CD-RWs, installed Longhorn (overwrote XP), and played with LH for a couple of days.
But the speed was terrible, and it's still a pre-alpha, and understandably buggy. So, I popped in my CDs, and was back to XP in 20 mins with all my software and everything. :)

Your only option is to format and start over. Sorry :(

personally m8 i would of partitoned it and did a dual boot setup that way you can delete it then modify boot.ini back so that all is well. in your case your fawked so you need a reformat and reinstall:)

for future reference, don't have valuable files on a test system such as a beta OS.

Originally posted by sherpard
Dear pple, i would like to ask how do i uninstall a version of windows longhorn because i installed it over xp, but my xp files are still on my hdd , and its kinda messed up i cant really access them unless i go to c:/documents and settings/*my username name in xp*

and i think it messed up the whole thing because i wasnt like a fresh install and it still had some windows xp in it. does anyone know how to remove it because its causing me a lot of problems. pls help...

if you got another partition, just move the inportant files there, or if you got a cdrw drive, put the v.i.f. (very important files) onto a cdr!

Re: Re: windows longhorn

Originally posted by ZAnwar
if you got another partition, just move the inportant files there, or if you got a cdrw drive, put the v.i.f. (very important files) onto a cdr!

Or you could be cool like me, rar it all up, and dump it on your own personal home server if you have one.

Try this

VMWare Emulation is a great product for emulating a computer within a computer. I use it to run Windows 98SE in my Windows XP Pro machine. It does not affect anything on my Windows XP Pro because it acts as if it was a separate computer.

You should try this (try & buy) after you reformat and reinstall Windows XP. But as for the current situation I think it's doomed for a reformat/reinstall operation.

is everyone forgetting that unless you work microsoft using a copy of longhorn is illegal?

so is downloading music but 95% of internet users have done it:)

unless you try to sell longhorn on ebay. then it gets concerning that fools think they can make money out of it... and even bigger fools that bid for it:)

its to satisfy our need for curiosity

How do you go about dual booting with it? I'm running xp and have .net server that I want to install, but when I put the cd in wanted to install over xp?

Any help greatly appreciated..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back